Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's topic is: Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get my Hands On
I am a series lover. When you find characters you love, it’s so nice to continue their stories book after book, although sometimes those stories don’t continue quite the way I’d like them too. Honestly, I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of series I’m hooked on right now, but here are the ones I absolutely cannot wait to keep reading:
1. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Obsessed! That’s pretty much the word to describe how I feel about this series. Completely obsessed! June 10th is WAY too far away!
2. Champion by Marie Lu - I’m so excited for the end to this series, and yet, at the same time I don’t want it to end (see Allegiant). And, Marie Lu put out some teasers that won’t make readers happy. Am I prepared for an unhappy ending to June and Day’s story? I’m not so sure I’m prepared for this one yet.
3. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I know, I know. This book released two weeks ago and I still haven’t read it. I’m just not emotionally ready for this. I don’t want this series to end. I need a weekend with absolutely nothing to do so I can devote the right amount of love, attention, and tears to the end of a beyond-fantastic series.
4. Split Second by Kasie West - Pivot Point so surprised me in a completely blew-me-away fashion. I went in looking for a fun, quick read, and instead, found a series I can’t wait to continue. Parallel worlds done right!
5. The One by Kiera Cass - This series completely took me by surprise and I can’t wait for May 6th….ahhh so far away! Please choose Maxon, please choose Maxon, please choose Maxon!
6. Born of Deception by Teri Brown- Loved Born of Illusion (cemented my guilty pleasure of magic in stories) and am intrigued to see where Anna’s story will lead her next. And, of course, more Cole can’t hurt either.
7. Unravel Me/Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - I know I’m way behind in this series. I loved Shatter Me, but for some reason I haven’t continued on. Plus, I hear there’s Warner love in Unravel Me, and I just don’t know if I’m mentally ready for that yet.
8. Just One Year by Gayle Forman- After finishing Just One Day, I immediately placed Just One Year on hold. I need to hear Willem’s side of the story. Does he still love “Lulu”? Is this a happy-ever-after story? I’m okay if it isn’t, I just need to know.
9. Cress by Marissa Meyer - Love love love this series! I can’t wait to see how Meyer twists Rapunzel’s story. Plus, I need some more Wolf and Prince Kai.
10. Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau - I think i’m going to like this one even more than the first. I love “fight the power” stories for some reason.