Tuesday, July 9, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Best/Worst Movie Adaptations





Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is: Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Instead of focusing on previously released movies, I decided to focus on upcoming releases. In the next year or so, there are a TON of young adult movie adaptations coming out. Some are continuations of series, and some are brand new - all look (fingers crossed) fantastic! If you haven't yet read any of these books, do, because as we all know, the book is always better than the movie.

Upcoming YA movie adaptations by release date:

    

1. Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters - August 7, 2013 (please be better than the first)
2. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - August 21, 2013 (just started reading the series...finally)
3. Romeo & Juliet - October 11, 2013 (I’m a sucker for all things Shakespeare)
4. Ender’s Game - November 1, 2013 (still on my TBR list, but movie will definitely hook students)

                                

5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - November 22, 2013 (who isn’t saving the date for this one?)
6. The Book Thief - January 17, 2014 (intrigued to see how they do this - death as a narrator?)
7. The Maze Runner - February 14, 2014 (the book was just okay, but the movie has potential)

                                  

8. Divergent - March 21, 2014 (YES, YES, YES...I CANNOT WAIT!)
9. If I Stay - Unknown (great book - glad to see it's getting the publicity it deserves)
10. The Fault in Our Star - Unknown (better bring a box of kleenex for this one)

What are some of your favorite/least favorite movie adaptations? Are you looking forward to any of these as much as I am?


2 comments:

  1. Jen I was actually thinking about this the other day...I had gone to the movies and quite a few of the upcoming movies were movie adaptations. I cannot believe I forgot to include Romeo & Juliet on my list.

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I'm looking Forward to The Sea of Monsters because it looks like it will follow the book much better than The Lightening Thief did. I'm excited for Catching Fire because the first movie was good and Jena Malone is going to be in the movie and she's one of my favorite actresses. I'm excited for Maze Runner even though I haven't read the book because I love the cast.

    ReplyDelete